Posts

Posts

Monday, July 02, 2007

Lest we forget


What with all that's going on in the rest of the country, let's spare a moment again for Jon Henry's kith and kin on the day of his funeral.

It is just under a month ago that Jon met an untimely death and our prayers and thoughts should be for his soul, as Joe90 beautifully put it:


And I never passed a cry for help,

though at times I shook with fear
and sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place,
among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
except to calm their fear.
There was silence all around the throne,
where saints had often trod,
as the policeman waited quietly,
for the judgement of his God.
Step forward now Policeman.
You've borne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on heaven's streets,
you've done your time in hell.

then his passing from this earth will be only to a better place.

© Mr Plod
Published by Toy Town™ Times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they should have dumped the fucker on the nearest tidy tip.
even that would have been too goof a funeral for the pig scum

McNoddy said...

As most of my regular readers know, i moderate comments to 'protect the innocent'. Let me explain why.

Hang on - I think anon aka Cuddles has explained it perfectly!

I've let you through because this country allows free speech, but with it comes responsibility. So Cuddles, think about what you say and how you say it.

1. Learn to spell - wouldn't want to look goofy would you!
2. Think first and about what you are going to say and just how much it might make you appear somewhat of an immature, uneducated, waste of air.

One day, unfortunately you will grow up and maybe, unfortunately again for the species, you will have children of your own. They will look to you for guidance. If they don't get it then you will be abandoned by them as a useless tool - i.e Keef in Eastenders (thought I'd use an example you'd understand) and your bitterness will grow. My point there? Jon has a family who clearly respected, cherished, loved and mourn for him - respect them at least.

Feel free to comment again - only I suspect I will have to moderate you! I think many other right minded people could think of other things they'd like to do to you, but hey why would I lower myself to your level.

I do hope you are not worn out reading all this, what with your tongue hanging out wiggling as you read and the end of your finger raw from highlighting each individual word as you attempt to phoneticise each syllable.

Finally let God be the judge of your 'ways'.