Posts

Posts

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Total embarrassment

I posted previously about the gravy train that is calling regularly at your local HMP. Well, as reported in the Scotsman, the Justiciary have had to cave in to legislation made elsewhere to protect human rights, but whose rights are really protected here?

Can we call this victim orientated?

Ken MacAskill, the SNP's justice spokesman, said: "This is outrageous. People who breach the law must pay the price. Taxpayers' money is being used to fund these legal aid cases, money which could be going to help vulnerable people in need of legal representation. A line needs to be drawn now." Spot on.

I think the Convention on Human Rights needs re-examined and common sense applied. I like to dream occasionally!

I, me, myself, one, will have to PAY this criminal money out of my pocket and it makes me choke.

1 comment:

Fitaloon said...

The problem is that they have called it human rights but forgotten their is a sub-species of the humanoid, the scroat, who deserves few if any rights. The scroat should be left to stew behind locked doors in his own personnel cesspit with no time off or facilities for the length of his too short sentence. These "people" are human flotsam and should be denied any rights when banged up.